ReviewsNo reviews yet
Muktinath Trek is a journey to one of the remote temples of Hindus and Buddhists. Muktinath is sacred for both Hindus and Buddhists. This temple is located in Muktinath Valley at an altitude of 3710 M at the foot of Thorong la mountain pass( pass of the Himalayas ) in Mustang, Nepal. The site is close to the village Ranipauwa, which is sometimes mistakenly called Muktinath.
Within Hinduism, it is called Mukti Kshetra, which is literally means the “ palace of Liberation or “Mokshya” (Nirvana). This temple is considered to be 106th among the available 108 Diya Desam considered sacred by the Shree Vaishanava sect. The ancient name of this place is Shree Vaishanava Literature, before Buddhist Origin, is Thiru Saligramam. This house is Saligram Shila, considered to be the natural available from the the Hindu God Vishnu. It is also one of the 51 Shakti Peethams (Energy Spots). The Buddhists call it Chumig Gystsa, “Hundred Waters” in Tibetan Language. Although the temple has a Hindu origin, it is equally revered in Buddhism. For Tibetan Buddhists, Muktinath is a one of the 24 Tantric places. They believe the temple statue to be a manifestation of Lord Buddha.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Three nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- All surface transfer to/from Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Annapurna conservation permit
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Two nights accommodation in Pokhara at two star category hotel
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Hiking Adventure Special Gift or T- Shirt
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
- Travel insurance,
- International airfare,
- Items of personal nature & all bar bills ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips for Nepalese staff's
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water and beverages
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) / Transfer to Hotel
HAT Representative will be waiting with your name plate just outside the International Airport in Kathmandu. After your arrival, we will organize your transportation to the designated hotel in Kathmandu. Spend the afternoon browsing the beautiful streets of Thamel or visit the nearby Kathmandu Durbar Square. In the evening, we will meet for welcome dinner and tour briefing.
Day 2 Drive to Pokhara (800m) on a tourist bus [7-Hours]
Drive to Pokhara by Green Line Bus at 7:30AM in the morning. Pokhara is one of the most beautiful places in Nepal popular among trekkers and vacationers. Once at Pokhara, we will spend the evening browsing the famous Lakeside Market and Phewa Lake.
Day 3 Drive to Nayapul (1070m) [2-Hours] & trek to Tirkhedhunga (1520m) [3/4-Hours]
After breakfast, we drive to Nayapul in a local bus. From Nayapul, our trekking journey starts. Trek along the well-established trails and gradually enter the forest region. Enjoy the greenery, fresh air and mountain views (now and then) until reaching Tirkhedhunga.
Day 4 Trek to Ghorepani (2853m) [7/8-Hours]
Continue trekking along the wilderness and village clusters here and there. Today's journey will be challenging with steep climb. Our destination is Ghorepani, a beautiful spot tucked at the top of one of the hills along our trail. Once at Ghorepani, take a rest. For more experience, hike up to Poonhill, one of the most beautiful spot for viewing northern mountains. Enjoy the sunset and get back to the lodge in Ghorepani.
Day 5 Hike to Poonhill (3210m) [1-Hour], enjoy sunrise & trek to Tatopani (1189m) [7/8-Hours]
Wake up early morning and prepare for a 1 hour hike to Poonhill. Most importantly, we make it before sunrise. That's the point, really - enjoy the magnificent sunrise view along with Panoramic view of Mount Machhapuchhre along with Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Range, and other sibling peaks. Enjoy the peace and serenity. Hike back to Ghorepani for breakfast, and prepare for a 8-hour trek towards Tatopani. "Tatopani" translate to hot water, and there's a hot water spring ready for you to plunge your sore feet and body once you arrive.
Day 6 Trek to Ghasa (2450m) [5-Hours]
After breakfast, we will continue our trek towards Ghasa.We walk along the edge of Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest in the world. Follow the trail with views of rocky landscape and waterfalls. A 5-hour journey will bring us to our tea-house for the overnight stay.
Day 7 Trek to Marpha (2670m) [4/5-Hours]
Follow along Lete Khola and arrive at Lete village and later to Larjung. Marpha Village is popular among local Nepali people for the delicious apples that grow naturally in the region. And you will come across various apple farms. We will help ourselves some as well.
Day 8 Trek from Marpha to Kagbeni (2,800m) [4/5-Hours]
Brace yourself as you walk along the windy trails in the rocky terrain of Muktinath Region. First, we will reach Jomsom Village. Later, we arrive at Eklebhatti Village and finally at Kagbeni. Enjoy great views of Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri peaks.
Day 9 Trek to Muktinath (3710m) [5-Hours]
Today's trek will be interesting. Every step we take brings us nearer to the temple of Muktinath, a must-visit-once-in-life pilgrimage of Hindus and Buddhists. "Muktinath" translates to Lord of Salvation. And the people believe that visiting the temple provides the ultimate Nirvana we all seek. From Kagbeni, it takes around 5/6 hours depending on our pace to reach this holy temple.
Day 10 Trek to Jomsom Market (2715m) [6-Hours]
In the morning, we will visit the temple of Muktinath. The 108 water sprouts and two ponds at the front of the temple are very important. If lucky, you will see believers taking a dip in the pond and running under the water sprouts. After breakfast, we continue our journey towards Jomsom. And yes, there is a beautiful monastery near Muktinath which we will also visit before leaving for Jomsom.
Day 11 Domestic Flight to Pokhara [15-Minutes]
Enjoy your breakfast before boarding a quick flight to Pokhara. From a window seat, you will be able to enjoy the beautiful view of the terrain from above. We will spend the rest of the day by the Phewa Lake and bustling street of Lakeside.
Day 12 Drive to Kathmandu [7-Hours]
After breakfast, we will board a tourist bus headed towards Kathmandu. Once in Kathmandu, we will rest, buy souvenirs and later meet up for a farewell dinner. Let's share our trip experience with each other while we enjoy the beautiful and delicious cuisines.
Day 13 Airport Transfer / Departure
We are back where we started in the capital city. Pack your bags and make sure you have brought some sovereigns to take back home to friends and family. Enjoy your breakfast in relief. Hiking Adventure staff will arrange your transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport according to your departure schedule.