ReviewsNo reviews yet
Kathmandu Nagarkot Tour brings out the best of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Nagarkot in a short 4-day tour.
Kathmandu Tour – the City of Temples
Kathmandu is the capital of Nepal. Widely speaking, Kathmandu Valley contains 3 districts – Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan. UNESCO has listed 7 monuments in Kathmandu as World Heritage Sites. In this trip, you will come across some of them during the Kathmandu tour.
Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Swayambhunath Temples are all located in Kathmandu District. Pashupatinath is a Hindu temple whereas the later are Buddhist hubs. However, both the Hindus and Buddhist are used to visit all of these temples. Nepal boasts religious tolerance and this can be seen in such activities. Even though more than 80% of people are Hindus, Nepal is a secular country by constitution.
Kathmandu and Bhaktapur are culturally and historically rich cities, with monuments, temples and palaces from both cities listed in the World Heritage. We will be visiting the famous Durbar Squares, Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath and Boudhanath in the valley during this trip.
Tour to Nagarkot – Watching Sunrise from the top of the hill
Nagarkot is a quiet hill station located to the east of Kathmandu Valley, about an hour and a half drive from the main city. The hill station has a colder climate compared to Kathmandu, and the air is fresh.
This makes for a perfect getaway during our trip. We will enjoy the evening at one of the high rated resorts in the hills and wake up early for a stunningly beautiful sunrise. Nagarkot is famous among the locals and foreigners for its sunrise.
We will stay at Club Himalaya, or similar facility resorts in the area. You get to enjoy a beautiful evening with delicious cuisines. Wake up early the next morning to watch the sun rise and paint Langtang and other Himals in the northern region. Nagarkot’s Sunrise View is widely popular activity.
Later, a drive back to Kathmandu ends the trip with cherished memories of history, culture and arts of Kathmandu Valley.
If you would like to visit more temples in Kathmandu outside your itinerary, please contact us and we will modify the itinerary with adjusted cost.
- All arrival and departure transfers and drives by a private Toyota Hiace accompanied by one English Speaking tour / Representative/escort/guide.
- Sight seeing tour of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan City as per itinerary including applicable monumental fees.
- Welcome and farewell dinner at Kathmandu.
- All World Heritage Site Entry Fees.
- Salary and Insurance of tour guides, drivers and other travel staff.
- International Airfares.
- Lunch or dinners (except welcome and farewell dinner)
- Items of a personal nature such as bar bills, telephone calls, laundry, extra mileage and any extra costs incurred due to natural calamities, flight delays etc.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance or “Umbrella Insurance” to cover – Illness, hospitalization, travel medicines, loss of valuables, thefts change of itinerary, flight and tour cancellations due to unavoidable circumstances.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m) / Transfer to Hotel
On your arrival at Kathmandu airport, you will be greeted by our team representative and transferred to your hotel. You will be staying overnight in the hotel room.
Day 2 Kathmandu Sightseeing (Pashupatinath, Boudhanath, and Swayambhunath)
With a delightful breakfast, you will be set on a journey towards the various popular sites of Kathmandu valley such as Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath stupa, Swayambhunath stupa, and Kathmandu durbar square.
Day 3 Drive to Bhaktapur and Bhaktapur Sightseeing then drive to Nagarkot
After breakfast at the hotel, you will be driven to Bhaktapur for sightseeing. After lunch at Bhaktapur, you will be escorted towards Nagarkot for the glimpse of the sunset. Staying overnight at hotel
Day 4 Nagarkot Sunrise view and drive to Kathmandu
Start morning with a pleasing view of sunrise and mountain ranges from your hotel compound along with some lovely strolls around Nagarkot afterward. After breakfast, you will be driven back to Kathmandu and transferred to your hotel.