ReviewsNo reviews yet
Dhampus Sarangkot Hiking lies around Pokhara short hiking suitable for everyone. This hiking starts from Phedi, a small village about an-hour drive west from Pokhara. Dhampus is a beautiful village tucked away from the crowded Pokhara town, providing picturesque view of northern Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Mountain Ranges.
Things to see in Dhampus Sarangkot Hiking
A trip to Dhampus and Sarangkot reflects the hard-working life of the native Gurungs, who are mostly farmers and traders. From Phedi, we trek upwards until we reach Dhampus. Stunning sunset and sunrise view will complete the trip to this destination.
After sunrise view and breakfast in the morning, we start our hike towards Sarangkot. Sarangkot hill is better known for its grandeur view of Mount Dhaulagiri (8167 meters), Machhapucchhare (6997 meters), Annapurna II (7937 meters), and Lamjung Himal (6983 meters). Wake up at dawn and wait for the sun to rise painting the beautiful mountains orange, and you will be amazed.
Later, we will trek back to Pokhara. Once at the city, we can enjoy the serenity of Fewa Lake on boats and visit a few popular hotspots in the region. Evenings will be gracefully spent in one of the night bars/restaurants with friends. The trip ends with a drive back to Kathmandu.
Dhampus Sarangkot hiking brings out the best of Pokhara region, with stunning views from these two beautiful spots. You can make your trip more interesting by visiting other famous places in the region, and spending the beautiful evening at the Phewa Lake.
Who is Dhampus Sarangkot Hiking suitable for?
Dhampus Sarankot hiking is a family-friendly adventure. So, you can go ahead and book this trip for a wonderful family vacation. The walks are short and easy, and they end with delicious food and comfortable sleeping arrangements at every corner. This trip makes it easier for people with less trekking experience with no risk of high altitude sickness. It’s a win win.
Scroll down to read the itinerary of this trek in detail. Later you will be able to view the departure dates, and book the one that’s most suitable for your next holiday adventure in Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide.
- All surface transfer to/from Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Two nights accommodation in Pokhara at two star category hotel
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Hiking Adventure Special Gift or T- Shirt
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
- Travel insurance,
- International airfare,
- Items of personal nature & all bar bills ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips for Nepalese staff's
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water and beverages
- Personal shopping and laundry,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) / Transfer to Hotel
HAT Representative will be waiting with your name plate just outside the International Airport in Kathmandu. After your arrival, we will organize your transportation to the designated hotel in Kathmandu. Spend the afternoon browsing the beautiful streets of Thamel or visit the nearby Kathmandu Durbar Square. In the evening, we will meet for welcome dinner and tour briefing.
Day 2 Drive to Pokhara (800m) on a tourist bus [7-Hours]
After breakfast, we will get on a tourist bus towards Pokhara along with our guide. The bus ride is stunningly scenic with views of hills, villages and Trishuli River on your right. We will arrive Pokhara by the afternoon or early evening. Move to the hotel and spend the evening by the famous Phewa Lake or in one of the restaurants/bars in the Lakeside street.
Day 3 Drive to Phedi [1-Hour] and trek to Dhampus (1120m) [3-Hours]
After breakfast, we will walk to the bus stop and board on a short ride towards Phedi. We start trekking towards Dhampus. On the way, we will come across beautiful forests and views of mountains. The air is fresh and refreshing along the way. Don't miss the sunset in the evening.
Day 4 Sunrise View / Trek to Sarangkot Hill (1720m) [6-Hours]
Wake up early morning for a stunning sunrise view and it's reflection on the majestic Northern mountains. Mount Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna react with beautiful blend of hues and glow. After breakfast, we will start a 6-Hour trek towards the hill of Sarangkot.
Day 5 Sunrise View / Trek to Pokhara [2-Hours]
Early morning wake up call for a beautiful sunrise view from Sarangkot Hill. Sarangkot is one of the popular sunrise view destinations in Nepal. Feel alive with the morning glow and prepare for a 2-Hour trek to Pokhara. We will spend the day visiting several popular spots in Pokhara and spend the evening at the Lakeside.
Day 6 Drive back to Kathmandu [7-Hours] or take a Domestic Flight [35-Minutes]
After breakfast, we will start our back journey towards Kathmandu.
Day 7 Departure / Airport Transfer
Congratulations! Your trek has come to a beautiful end. Our representatives will aid you in your departure. We hope that you have had a wonderful time and will join us in the future for such treks and expeditions once again.