ReviewsNo reviews yet
Annapurna Sunrise Trek is a short trip to the Annapurna Region of Nepal. To note, this trek also goes by the name Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek as well or Annapurna Panorama Trekking. And that’s for a good reason.
Ghorepani / Poon Hill is getting popular day by day for photographers’ and nature lovers’ paradise. Sunrise Trek offers striking panorama full of Annapurna (I, II , III & IV), Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal Gangapurna and Manaslu Range. And on top of that, Ghorepani / Poon Hill is easily accessible from Pokhara. Beautiful spots of Tadapani, Nayapul, Ulleri, Takledhunga and Pokhara are accessible in the Annapurna Region, which are well covered by same trekking route.
How does the Annapurna Sunrise Trek unfold?
To star Annapurna Sunrise Trek Firstly, we drive for about 2-hours to reach Nayapul. From here, the trekking begins. By the end of next day, we will reach Ghorepani. It is possible to hike up to Poon Hill the same day for sunset view. As for the sunrise in the Annapurna the next morning, it’s not something you’d want to miss. Trekking in Annapurna will let you feel the Himalayan panorama while providing you the opportunities to get close to Annapurna’s local Culture and lifestyle. Even though the sunrise trek is short, some parts of the trip is difficult. For instance, climbing the Ulleri hill with thousands of steps tests your limit.
Trek hardcore up the 3000 stairs, and make sure your packing list contains good boots, sticks, water, sunscreen and warm clothes. Plus don’t underestimate the downhill fun. Poon Hill trek is short and exciting as it is challenging and rewarding. Weather in the region is favorable around late winter, spring and fall.
Capture some of the best snaps of impressive Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. The Provocative glimpse of high mountains mesmerize. Experience the great culture and festivals of Nepal as explore our beautiful country.
Who is Annapurna Sunrise Trek for?
Annapurna Sunrise trek is graded moderately difficult, as it requires climbing up the steep stairs. However, our trip to Ghorepani / Poonhill is organized in such a way that enough rest is available at each day. This trip can be easily conquered with some level of fitness and commitment. It’s a popular destination for family, friends and new mountain enthusiasts.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by private car / van
- Three nights accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea & coffee during the trek
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- All surface transfer to/from Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Down jacket and sleeping bag during Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Annapurna conservation permit
- TIMS Fee- Trekkers' Information Management System
- Two nights accommodation in Pokhara at two star category hotel
- Government taxes & office service charge
- Hiking Adventure Special Gift or T- Shirt
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance,
- International airfare,
- Items of personal nature & all bar bills ie. Soft/hard drinks, tips for Nepalese staff's
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- All cold drinks such as: alcoholic beverages, mineral water and beverages
- Hot and cold showers during the trek
- Personal shopping and laundry,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is appreciated but it is not mandatory)
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m) / Transfer to Hotel
You will arrive at the capital city, Kathmandu. Our representatives will aid you in your transfer to the hotel. Kathmandu is a vibrant city with a large population and where the roots of culture and traditions still run deep. You can visit a few of the beautiful landmarks this city has to offer such as, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath and the Basantapur Durbar Square.
Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (825m) [7-Hours]
From Kathmandu, you will have the option to either take a comfortable drive or a short flight towards another major city, Pokhara. Considered to be a tourist hub, this city sees droves of tourists from in and out of the country. Once in Pokhara, you can visit the beautiful Phewa Lake that lies in the heart of the city, with hills overlooking it on all sides. These hills house the Peace Pagoda and a little above the skyline, a beautiful view of Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri can be seen.
Day 3 Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul (1070m) [1.5-Hours], trek to Tikhedhunga (1540m) [4-Hours]
Pokhara is a beautiful valley of lakes and a trekker's paradise. From Pokhara, we will drive towards Nayapul for 2 hours and start our trek from there. Trek to Ulleri is mostly uphill stair climbing and can be strenuous to your knees. Carry a trekking stick to remedy that. This will also be useful when climbing downhill. We will reach Takledhunga in 3-4 hours.
Day 4 Trek to Ghorepani (2800m) [7/8-Hours]
After breakfast, we will continue trekking towards Ghorepani via the beautiful villages of Ulleri, Banthant, Nangge and Lower Ghorepani. Today's challenge is climbing the 3,000 steps of stones and boulders up the Ulleri Hill. The landscape of Upper Ghorepani fills up with views of Annapurna and Nilgiri Mountains.
Day 5 Hike to Poonhill (3210m) [2-Hours], trek to Tadapani (2700m) [5/6-Hours]
We will wake up early morning and start hiking towards Poon Hill for the spectacular sunrise over the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Mountains. Poon Hill is one of the most sought after destination in the Annapurna Region. We will spend a good hour watching the sunrise before returning back for breakfast. Besides sunrise, Poon Hill also offers overview of nearby Manang, Mustang and Pokhara from the top.
Our next destination is Tadapani, another beautiful village in the region. Tadapani is well-equipped with lodges and tea houses. On top of that, it offers great view of Mount Fishtail (Machhapuchhre) and Annapurna South.
Day 6 Trek from Tadapani to Ghandruk (1940m) [4-Hours]
The journey towards Ghandruk will be mostly downhill as we pass the trails that runs through beautiful hilly forest. During spring, bright rhododendron and other flowers decorate the forest with green. Whereas during winter, there might be snow on both sides of the trail (depends on the time). Soon enough, we will reach the beautiful village of Ghandruk - tucked perfectly on the laps of Annapurna.
Enjoy the rest of the day in the company of one of the most hospitable people in the world, enjoy great views of mountains, and visit farms and a local museum.
Day 7 Trek to Nayapul [4-Hours], drive to Pokhara [1-Hour]
After breakfast, we will continue our journey (mostly downhill, again) towards the highway in the south. At the bottom, we approach Modi Khola and the valley, and keep walking towards Nayapul. We will get a jeep to drive towards Pokhara. We should be arriving Pokhara by the afternoon. We will spend the rest of the day exploring Pokhara and its beautiful hightlights: Fewa Lake, Lakeside Market & Restaurants, and more. Our journey will come to an end as we are transferred to the hotel in Pokhara. If your itinerary includes driving back to Kathmandu, we will do it the next day.