If you wish to enjoy all the best of Nepal in a single visit, this could be the best trip for you. The main highlights of a Nepal trip are the spectacular Himalayas, the beautiful countryside, the heritage sites in Kathmandu, the wildlife safari in Chitwan National park and the whitewater rafting in the Himalayan rivers.
Initially explore the heritage sites in Kathmandu, next morning we fly to the beautiful lake city of Pokhara whose skyline is dominated by the mighty Himalayas – Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Machhapuchare. A scenic four day trek to the Annapurna foot hills will expose you closer view of these mountains and offer an opportunity to experience Nepalese countryside. Next we head for Chitwan National Park in the tropical lowland of Terai. It is a great jungle trip to enjoy elephant back safari, canoe ride, bird watching and visit to the elephant breeding centre, elephant bathing centre etc. The trip concludes with a thrilling white water rafting in Trisuli River.
This itinerary is rushing free and enjoyed by people of all ages. However, for elderly people or for family groups with kids, the four day trek is better done in five days, making the trip length 12 days.
Recommended Equipment list for your Trip.
- Duffel or Rucksack bag (where you can put all your stuffs)
- Daypack (this is for you to carry during the tour, where you can put your passport, camera, money, water etc.)
- Walking shoes
- Walking pants
- Waterproof jacket or raincoat (Only if you are travelling during May to September)
- Full – sleeves shirt (If you are comfortable with)
- Jumper or pile jacket
- T – shirts (4 pieces)
- Woolen socks (only in winter: December to mid February)
- Sun hat
- Sun block for lips
- Sun lotion
- Thermal Long underwear (only in winter: December to mid February)
- Sewing kit
- Medical & first aid kit
- Flash light
- Batteries and bulbs
- Swiss army knife (Optional)
- Personal toiletries and medication which should be labeled
- Swim suit
Above list is only a guideline. While you are required to bring everything on this list, there are numerous options, brands, and versions of each piece of equipment, use your experience and the listed features to find the best gear for you. Some of the above equipments can be easily find in stores around Thamel in much cheaper price.
Please Note : Miniskirts, Tight fitting, figure-hugging clothing, such as those made with Lycra can often be offensive to locals, especially on women. If you find these items comfortable as a base layer then please pack something to wear over the top of them.